Materials: Engineering, Science, Processing and Design-winner of a 2014 Textbook Excellence Award (Texty) from The Text and Academic Authors Association-is the ultimate materials engineering text and resource for students developing skills and understanding of materials properties and selection for engineering applications. Written by world-class authors, it takes a unique design led-approach that is broader in scope than other texts, thereby meeting the curriculum needs of a wide variety of courses in the materials and design field, from introduction to materials science and engineering to engineering materials, materials selection and processing, and materials in design.
This new edition retains its design-led focus and strong emphasis on visual communication while expanding its treatment of crystallography and phase diagrams and transformations to fully meet the needs of instructors teaching a first-year course in materials. The book is fully linked with the leading materials software package used in over 600 academic institutions worldwide as well as numerous government and commercial engineering departments.
- Winner of a 2014 Texty Award from the Text and Academic Authors Association
- Design-led approach motivates and engages students in the study of materials science and engineering through real-life case studies and illustrative applications
- Highly visual full color graphics facilitate understanding of materials concepts and properties
- Chapters on materials selection and design are integrated with chapters on materials fundamentals, enabling students to see how specific fundamentals can be important to the design process
- Available solutions manual, lecture slides, online image bank and materials selection charts for use in class handouts or lecture presentations
- Links with the Cambridge Engineering Selector (CES EduPack), the powerful materials selection software